Our school aims to provide a safe, inclusive, positive environment enabling all children to flourish. We cultivate resilience, positivity, emotional stability, positive relationships and, through the example of Jesus, a sense of caring for others and the desire to make positive contributions to the world around them.
The wellbeing of all students is central to our vision for a happy healthy school. At St. Brendan’s, we endeavour to ensure that students, staff and families feel connected and engaged so that learning and wellbeing may be optimised.
At St. Brendan’s we implement a whole school approach to support the wellbeing and social and emotional learning of all students. Teaching strategies incorporate positive education, and wellbeing practices, striving to improve the social, emotional, behavioural and academic outcomes for all students. Strategies to achieve these outcomes include:
- Daily Meditation
- Circle Time
- Weekly, explicit Social and Emotional Learning lessons
- Outdoor Learning opportunities
- Learning through play
- Regular Brain Breaks
- Opportunities for managed risk-taking
- Whole School Behaviour Matrix
- Restorative Conversations
- Spiritual development through social justice initiatives
- Student Voice
- Senior Leaderships opportunities